Needless to say, we here at the Puckered Pickle Company, LOVE cucumbers. In addition to tasting great whether plain or pickled, there are many other health benefits for this cool green fruit.
Whether it be putting slices over your eyes to soothe and reduce puffiness, to adding slices to your water for a delicious refreshing alternative to plain water. C’mon! Don’t let this beautiful fruit shrivel away in your crisper drawer. Put them to use! Here are some tidbits of info we found that made me want to have cucumbers a staple in my refrigerator!:
- Cucumbers are considered one of the best superfoods for the health of skin, joints, liver and kidneys.
- Because they contain B vitimins, cucumbers are a natural source of energy. Eat a few slices for a morning or mid afternoon pick me up instead of caffeine.
- Cucumbers are said to have a natural anti-aging effect and can help reduce puffiness around the eyes and tighten skin to minimize wrinkles.
- Cucumbers contain chemical compounds, or lignans, that have been researched in connection with reducing the risk of several cancer types.
- Cucumbers have been known to relieve and freshen bad breath
- Because of its high water content and dietary fiber, cucumbers aid in weight loss.